Love is in the air and our “Two Love Birds” bridal shower theme is the perfect choice for the elegant, modern bride to be. With lovely contemporary colors of soft Tiffany blue and black, these bridal shower party supplies will help set the tone for the perfect bridal shower. The contemporary feel of the pattern is emphasized by the square shape of the plates and foil balloons. This beautiful theme features napkins in three different sizes, elegant lantern decorations, and even a lovely keepsake registry; perfect for recording attendance and advice! Mix your themed tableware with some solid black party supplies to add some contrast and really make your themed items stand out. Surround the foil balloon with solid balloons in black and white for a dramatic presentation. Our gorgeous Nest Tealight Holders are a perfectly elegant favor choice that fits beautifully with this theme, or choose to fill the fold over favor bags with traditional Jordan Almonds or white Amorini hearts for a less expensive favor option.
Two Love Birds Planning Ideas, Games, and Activities
Your bridal shower wouldn’t be complete without games, and we have the “Two Love Birds” shower game book to take the guess work out of planning activities for your guests. Some things to keep in mind when planning the shower: A wedding shower can take place anytime between six months to a week before the wedding. Depending on where most of the guests live, you may need to schedule it far in advance so everyone can make travel plans. Spread the word about where the bride is registered so that guests don’t get frustrated searching. It’s perfectly acceptable to include this information in the bridal shower invitation. Even though you’re paying for the party, it’s necessary to buy the bride a gift. Consider going in on a group gift from all the bridesmaids -- like a standing mixer or luxury bedding -- to lessen the financial blow.
Decide on a venue… Do you have room for 20 guests at your home or would everyone be more comfortable at a restaurant? If you live in a nice climate, would an outside event be possible? If you do decide to have it outdoors, make sure to have a backup plan just in case it rains. If you're having an at-home shower, think about having the party catered -- food can be anything from a five-foot hero to fried chicken and potato salad, to dim sum. Are the bride and groom honeymooning in Venice? Do an Italian menu with a full-on pasta bar! Don't forget hors d'oeuvres -- be it bowls of pretzels and chips, crudites (raw vegetables and dip), or the bride's mom's famous mini-pizza rounds! For dessert, serve cake, and/or pastries, cookies, pie, ice cream -- either homemade or supplied from the yummiest bakery in town. If you're having the shower in a banquet hall or restaurant, work with the manager/host to come up with a delicious menu. Keep in mind the bride's tastes and any special guest needs such as vegetarian or kosher dishes.
The Two Love Birds collection conveys the message that the affair will be upscale and elegant! Capitalize on this sophisticated concept by using a few of our favorite ideas:
- Alternate centerpieces on the tables using white birdcages on some and candle arrangements on others. To create the birdcage centerpiece, use white birdcages. Inside, place light blue and white flowers with some long twigs poking through the birdcage. To create the candle arrangements, use 3-inch wide white candles of varying heights. Group candles together and wrap with light blue and black satin ribbons. Tie ribbons in a bow and allow ribbon tails to hang to table. Next, place small twigs into the bow, so they stick out of the bow. Place the candle arrangements on the tables atop mirrors with a diameter larger than the candle grouping. Scatter clear glass marbles over the glass, creating a reflective and illuminating effect!
- Serve a Love Bird Cocktail. Mix together 1.5 ounces of vodka, 2 ounces sweet and sour mix, a splash of dark run and ½-ounce grenadine syrup. Serve over crushed ice in our coordinating cups.
- Replace some of the light bulbs in the room with light blue bulbs. This will create a soft, blue hue.
- Place light blue and black pillows throughout the room in some of the chairs.
- In addition to our blue paper lanterns, hang matching kissing balls throughout the room. To make a kissing ball, you will need: 6-inch Styrofoam ball; light blue and white silk flowers; silk greenery; wooden twigs; light blue and black satin ribbons for hanging. Simply stick the flower stems into the Styrofoam, alternating with the greenery. Randomly place some of the wooden twigs in the finished ball for effect. To attach the ribbons, take a 12-inch length of ribbon and knot it at the ends. Place the knotted end into the Styrofoam and secure with a floral pin. Place a bit of hot glue over the pin, if necessary. (Note: These also make lovely tabletop arrangements when simply placed atop a wide candlestick or in a silver bowl!)
- Place heart-shaped wooden wreaths on the wall. Weave light blue, black and white ribbons throughout the hearts, allow the ends to hang loosely.
- Create a Love Bird tree to hold nametags. Simply use a tall glass vase and fill with glass marbles. Place different lengths of wooden twigs into the vase, creating the ‘branches.’ Hang clear crystals from some of the ‘branches,’ while placing our pretty Love Bird nametags on others. (Note: Silver metallic thread looks best for hanging.)
- Create table décor using various framed photos of the bride and groom along with our Two Love Birds centerpiece. (Note: Silver frames look best, when possible.)
- Order a multi-tiered cake for the Love Birds shower. Frost in white and add wooden twigs and little bird figurines throughout. Serve on our coordinating plates and enjoy!